Portrait of Franciszka Potocka
- Portrait of Franciszka Potocka
- Date of creation
- 2d half of the 18th c.
- Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth
- Eastern Europe
- oil painting
- canvas oil
- Dimensions (height x width, cm)
- 71 x 59
- the Potocki-Sadowski collection (Chortkiv Castle)
Information about author
Franciszka Ksawera Potocka was a daughter of Joachim Potocki and Ewa Kaniewska. The painting is an example of "age" portraits, i.e., images of one person at different ages – childhood, adolescence, and adulthood, which could be found in ancestral galleries. The half-length image of the girl is presented in the tradition of secular portrait painting of the 18th century. The portrait of Franciszka is made in pastel colors. This is a replica of an identical image from the Lviv National Art Gallery collection.
- The name of the person portrayed
- Franciszka Ksawera Potocka