Information about author
The Pidhirtsi Castle was home to a gallery of the Rzewuski family, which had a large number of paintings of different times and by different authors. At the beginning of the 20th century, it housed a private museum of the Dukes of Sanhuszko. In 1939, the last owner of the collection Roman Sanguszko took a large part of it abroad: a portion ended up in Poland (now preserved mainly in the Tarnow Museum), another part ended up in Sao Paulo (Brazil), and another part ended up in the Lviv Historical Museum, items from which were transferred to the Lviv Art Gallery in the 1970s. It is from the collection of Rzewuski's "Architectural Landscape", which is mentioned in the inventory since 1768 and was located in the Pidhirtsi Castle until 1939. The work was commissioned by Michal Antoni Hacki (1630–1703), diplomat of Jan III Sobieski, as a gift for the king.