- Date of creation
- late 19th – early 20th c.
- casting silver and bronze incrustation (zōgan)
- metal alloy
- Dimensions (height x width x depth, cm)
- 7.2 x 6.9 x 0.6
- decorative and applied arts weapon
- A gift from O. Feldman
- Zolochiv Castle (Chinese Palace)
Information about author
An oval-shaped tsuba (nagamaru gata) with a wedge-shaped hole (nakago-ana) in the centre and two holes along it (hitsu-ana) for kozuka and kogai. The front of the tsuba has a low relief composition. On the right side is an image of a plum blossom tree with a warrior in samurai armor next to it, writing hieroglyphs on a tree trunk. On the left side in the lower part is a cairn of stones. On the back of the tsuba is an image of an equipped horse.