Portrait of Artist’s Children
- Jan Matejko
- Portrait of Artist’s Children
- Date of creation
- Eastern Europe
- oil painting
- wood oil
- Dimensions (height x width, cm)
- 149 x 202
- Collection of Lviv City Gallery
- Lozinski Palace
Information about author
The painting depicts the artist's children against the background of the interior of the country house in Krzesławice, which was bought in 1876. Jan Matejko devoted a lot of time to his children. He accompanied his girls to balls and encouraged them to study. Often the dresses of his daughters were sewn according to his designs. The bag hanging on Helena's hip is still on display at the The Jan Matejko House National Museum in Krakow.
Author's inscription and signature on the bottom left: "T / H / B / J / Matejkowie / 1879 rp / JM"
- The name of the person portrayed
- Jerzy (1873–1927), Tadeusz (1865–1911), Helena (1867–1932), Beata (1869–1926)