Portrait of Anna Rzewuska
Information about author
Anna Rzewuska (c. 1717–1763) was a daughter of Jozef Lubomirski, voivode of Chernihiv, and Teresa Mniszek. She was a wife of Waclaw Rzewuski, the owner of the Pidhirtsi Castle. In 1748, Anna Rzewuska was awarded with the Order of the Starry Cross in Vienna. She was depicted by artists very often. The Tarnow Museum houses an identical painting that belongs to the Rzewuski collection and is characterized by the skillful execution, thus it is assumed that this portrait of Anna Rzewuska was painted after the one from the Museum in Tarnow. There is an inscription “Anna Rytwuska” on the canvas.
- The name of the person portrayed
- Anna Rzewuska
- Lifetime of the person portrayed
- c. 1717–1763