Governors' Houses in Lviv
Information about author
This is one of ten works from the series of lithographs with the views of Lviv during the Russian occupation in the winter of 1915. The beginning of the former Governor's Ramparts (now Vynnychenko Street) is shown from the south, from the fire station at the Bernardine Wall. The old governor's house illuminated by the rays of the setting sun is depicted in the background on the right. The monumental block of the new governor's house is adjacent to it on the right. Several human figures are depicted closer to the foreground; a military car is depicted near the facade of a government building. The color scheme is dominated by dimmed gray tones.
In the lower left corner there is the author's signature, date, and the place of creation of the work “Odo Dobrowolski 915/ Lwów” written in italics.