Portrait of Ludwik Wictoryn Wereszczynski
Information about author
Ludwik Wictoryn Wereszczynski (?–1762) was a castellan of Lublin, a judge of Chelm, and a pantler in Krasnystaw. Starting from 1768, the portrait was mentioned in the inventory records of the Pidhirtsi Castle. The painting was in the chapel for some time; later it was moved to the Dining Hall where it remained until 1939. Against a neutral dark background, there is a clear figure of a man in a red delia (a garment worn by male nobility of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth) on top of a dark blue zhupan. A haughty posture, a piercing look from under thick eyebrows, a high forehead with fashionable shaved hair emphasize that this is a strong-willed and confident nobleman. On the back of the painting there is an inscription: "Wereszczynski | kasztelan Lubelski | zenil Stan. Chor. Lit. | z Radziwillowna".
- The name of the person portrayed
- Ludwik Wictoryn Wereszczynski
- Lifetime of the person portrayed